Scroll you page where you want, and when you go down you can activate the Go To Top button to come back to the top nicely.
- Scroll to any element in the page (using its ID)
- Works on any link, even in any menu
- Easy to use, just add a css class to the link
- Option to activate the Go To Top button
How to use it
Using a menu link
Edit a menu item in your menu manager. Go in the "Link Type" options to add the css class "scrollTo" to the link. This will tell the plugin to use this link to scroll in the page.
Then you must set the target element where the page must scroll to. For example if you have a HTML block in your page that has the ID "maincontent", you can write "#maincontent" in the link option to scroll to this element. You must also use a menu item type "External url".
It is easy to know the ID of an element if you are creating your template with Template Creator CK. The ID is written in the black box when you mouseover any element in the page. For example with the maincontent (extract from the Template Creator CK interface) :
If you don't use Template Creator CK, you can inspect your page using Firebug to find the HTML ID of your block.
Using another link
You can also use the same technique but on any link in your page. Just assign it the CSS class "scrollTo" and set the href property to point to the ID element to scroll to.
Example of html code for a link :
<a class="scrollTo" href="#maincontent">Click me to scroll</a>
Release Notes :
VERSION 1.0.4 - 21/05/15 :
- fix an issue with bad offset on DOM load
- improve the way to manage the active class on the menu
- improve the scroll detection on linked pages
VERSION 1.0.3 - 21/05/15 :
- automatically close the hamburger menu (compatibility with templates made with Template Creator CK)
VERSION 1.0.2 - 27/03/15 :
VERSION 1.0.1 - 16/03/15 :
- Added the "active" class on the menu link when scrolled to the element
Version 1.0.0 - 10/02/15 :
- First release